Best Brownstone Restoration in Brooklyn, NY and Manhattan
Brownstone restoration is an intricate process that requires expert knowledge and attention to detail.
As a construction company specializing in landmark preservation, Jewel Construction Co. understand the significance of restoring these iconic structures to their original state. Our restoration services are designed to preserve the unique character and beauty of your brownstone buildings while ensuring their structural stability and safety.
Our team of professionals is equipped to handle all aspects of brownstone restoration, from restoring brownstone stoop and restoring façades to fixing damaged architectural details and replicating missing elements.
We are committed to delivering high-quality results that meet the highest standards of craftsmanship and preservation.
Jewel Construction Co.: The premier choice for Brownstone restoration in Brooklyn and Manhattan. With our expertise, we breathe new life into historic brownstones through meticulous renovation, restoring their original charm and character.
Revive the grandeur of your brownstone with our exceptional facade restoration services. From intricate detailing to preserving architectural elements, Jewel Construction Co. ensures a seamless transformation that honors the unique beauty of these iconic buildings.
Entrust us with your brownstone stoop restoration, and we’ll create an inviting entrance that captures the essence of classic New York City. Our skilled team combines craftsmanship and precision to revitalize stoops, making them a stunning centerpiece for your brownstone’s curb appeal.
A: A typical brownstone restoration project may involve several different steps, including but not limited to:
- Assessing the condition of the building and identifying any necessary repairs or complete façade restoration.
- Then chip off the damage brownstone with a powered chisel to create a solid base.
- Wash the prepared brownstone surface with water and
apply a slurry coat (bonding coat) over the rough surfaces.
- Then apply a layer of cement mix (Portland cement, sand, lime and other aggregates mix) scratch coat over slurry coat with notch trowel.
- The client will be provided with samples of the brownstone color to make their selection.
- After the scratch coat has cured (usually after 3-4 weeks depends on weather and other condition), the final coat of selected brownstone-colored cement will be applied and finished.
- Finally, to achieve the desired surface finishing, a light wash will be applied to the final brownstone work after 3-4 days of completion.
The specific scope of a brownstone restoration project will depend on the needs of each individual building and the goals of the owner.
A: The timeline of a brownstone restoration project can vary greatly depending on the size and complexity of the building, the scope of work, and other factors such as weather and availability of materials and labor. On average, a small to medium-sized brownstone restoration project may take several months to complete, while larger and more complex projects can take a year or more.
A: No, unfortunately we do not offer any financing options right now. However, We accept a variety of payment options, including credit cards, Zelle, checks, and cash.
A: Yes, you can. We provide consultation, job site visit and estimate for free.